A perfect tide for a perfect setting. Join us for a coffee and biscuit while we watch the sunrise over Yawuru Nagulagun (Roebuck Bay Marine Park). A fitting prelude to an early morning monitoring session before the temperature starts to sore!
Everyone is welcome and no previous experience is necessary. Find dugong feeding trails and fascinating sea creatures whilst contributing to an important data set that helps us monitor the health of Roebuck Bay!
Please bring or wear the following:
- A headlamp (as we will be preparing in low light before the sunrises)
- A hat, sun cream und suitable sun protective clothing, ie lightweight long sleeves (for when the sun comes out!).
- Sturdy enclosed footwear to protect from sharp objects, stinging creatures and Lyngbya (commonly known as “blue green algae” and capable of causing unpleasant skin irritation when wet and respiratory irritation when dry).
- A personal water bottle to carry with you.
We will provide:
- A healthy selection of morning tea and refreshments
- Reef boots to borrow if you do not have your own suitable footwear
- Instruction on monitoring techniques and equipment
- Safety induction including hand sanitiser and guidance on social distancing
Please direct any questions to the event coordinator, Victoria, via the [email protected] email or via mobile phone on 0497 810 129.
Broome, WA 6725
Google map and directions