Join us for coffee and a delicious home cooked biscuit before an early morning survey at the Port. Everyone is welcome and no previous experience is necessary.
Find dugong feeding trails and fascinating sea creatures while contributing to an important data set that helps us monitor the health of Roebuck Bay! Read more about the Broome Community Seagrass Monitoring Project here.
Please bring or wear the following:
- A hat, sun cream and suitable sun protective clothing, i.e. lightweight long sleeves (for when the sun comes out!)
- Reef boots or other enclosed footwear suitable for wet conditions (we have reef boots available to borrow if you don’t have your own)
- A personal water bottle to carry with you.
We will provide:
- A healthy selection of morning tea and refreshments
- Reef boots to borrow if you do not have your own suitable footwear
- Instruction on monitoring techniques and equipment
- Safety induction including hand sanitiser and guidance on social distancing.
Please direct any questions to the event coordinator, Victoria, via email or via mobile phone on 0497 810 129.
Distance from town centre: 10 mins drive
GPS coordinates: -12.967874, 122.290245
Broome, WA 6725
Google map and directions