An early morning start will let us take advantage of the low tide and avoid the imminent rise of the mercury that comes with the sun. Everyone is welcome and no previous experience is necessary.
Find dugong feeding trails and fascinating sea creatures while contributing to an important data set that helps us monitor the health of Roebuck Bay! Read more about the Broome Community Seagrass Monitoring Project here.
Please bring or wear the following:
- a hat, sun cream and suitable sun protective clothing, i.e. lightweight long sleeves
- reef boots or other enclosed footwear suitable for wet conditions (we have reef boots available to borrow if you don’t have your own)
- a personal water bottle to carry with you.
We will provide:
- morning tea and refreshments
- reef boots to borrow if you do not have your own suitable footwear
- instruction on monitoring techniques and equipment
- safety induction including hand sanitiser and guidance on social distancing.
Watch the training video here: Broome Community Seagrass Monitoring Training Video
Meet near the Demco Rotunda.
Distance from town centre: 5 mins drive. The Demco Rotunda is accessed from the old Meat Works Rd, off Clemenston St
GPS coordinates: -17.973812, 122.228776
Broome, WA 6725
Google map and directions