Come along to our early morning seagrass monitoring event at Town Beach. Everyone is welcome and no previous experience is necessary.
Find dugong feeding trails and fascinating sea creatures while contributing to an important data set that helps us monitor the health of Roebuck Bay. Read more about the Broome Community Seagrass Monitoring Project here.
Please bring or wear the following:
- a hat, sun cream and suitable sun protective clothing, i.e. lightweight long sleeves,
- reef boots or other enclosed footwear suitable for wet conditions (we have reef boots available to borrow if you don’t have your own)
- a headlight if you have one (we also have torches you can borrow)
- a personal water bottle to carry with you.
We will provide:
- complimentary tea, coffee and delicious home cooked biscuits
- reef boots to borrow if you do not have your own suitable footwear
- instruction on monitoring techniques and equipment
- safety induction including hand sanitiser and guidance on social distancing.
Meet near the Town Beach boat ramp.
Distance from town centre: 5 mins drive
GPS coordinates: -17.970581, 122.236720
Broome, WA 6725
Google map and directions